The Postal Service is Hiring
The Postal Service is looking for a few good men and women to fill a variety of positions. From mail carriers to postal clerks, there are many ways to get involved with the Postal Service.
We’ll take a look at a few of the most popular positions and what they entail.
What kind of jobs are available at the Postal Service?
There are many different types of jobs available at the Postal Service. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Mail Carrier: As a mail carrier, you will be responsible for delivering mail to homes and businesses in your area. You’ll need to be able to lift heavy packages, as well as sort and deliver mail quickly and efficiently.
- Postal Clerk: A postal clerk is responsible for sorting mail, selling postage, and helping customers with their mail needs. You’ll need to be able to stay organized and handle a high volume of customer requests.
- Mail Handler: A mail handler is responsible for sorting and delivering mail. You’ll need to be able to lift heavy packages and work quickly and efficiently.
- Maintenance Worker: As a maintenance worker, you will be responsible for keeping the postal facility clean and well-maintained. You’ll need to be able to lift heavy equipment and perform basic repairs.
How much does the job pay and what are the hours like
The pay for mail carriers and postal clerks varies depending on the position and location, but is generally around $15 per hour. The hours for these positions are typically regular, but may vary depending on the needs of the Postal Service.
There are many other positions available with the Postal Service, from postal inspectors to mechanics. For more information on these and other positions, visit the Postal Service website.
How can you apply for a job with the Postal Service
The best way to apply for a job with the Postal Service is to visit their website at usps.com/employment.
Here you can search for available positions and get more information on the application process. You can also visit your local post office and speak to a clerk about available positions.
How long does it take to get hired by the Postal Service
The hiring process for the Postal Service can take several weeks. Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed and you may be contacted for an interview.
After the interview, a background check and drug test will be conducted. If everything goes well, you should receive a job offer within a few weeks. The Postal Service is a great place to work, with good pay and benefits. If you are interested in a position, be sure to visit their website and apply today.
do post office hire felons
The Postal Service does not automatically disqualify applicants with felony convictions. However, felonies involving theft, violence, or dishonesty may be cause for disqualification. If you have a felony conviction, it is best to speak to a clerk at your local post office to get more information on the hiring process.
Tips for Applying
When you are applying for a position with the Postal Service, be sure to:
- Complete your application in full and truthfully.
- Include all relevant work experience, even if it is not directly related to the position you are applying for.
- Be prepared to take and pass a drug test, as well as a background check.
- If you have a felony conviction, be honest about it and be prepared to explain the circumstances.
- Be patient – the hiring process can take several weeks.
The Postal Service is a great place to work, with good pay and benefits. If you are interested in a position, be sure to visit their website and apply today. And that’s it! We hope this guide was helpful in giving you a better understanding of the hiring process for the Postal Service. Good luck!