Getting stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a goal that many players strive to achieve. It not only showcases your skill and mastery of the game, but it also unlocks additional content and rewards. In this article, I’ll guide you through some simple steps to help you earn those coveted stars and dominate the racetrack.
How to Get Stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Character Selection Tips
When it comes to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, choosing the right character can greatly impact your performance on the track. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Weight Class: Characters in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are divided into three weight classes: light, medium, and heavy. Each weight class has its own advantages and disadvantages. Light characters like Baby Mario have excellent acceleration and handling but lack top speed and durability. On the other hand, heavy characters like Bowser excel in top speed and can easily knock opponents off the track, but they may struggle with acceleration.
- Special Abilities: Each character in the game has a unique special ability called a “character item.” These items can give you an edge during races or protect you from incoming attacks. For example, Shy Guy’s special item is a Feather that allows him to perform high jumps, while Toadette’s special item is a Golden Mushroom that provides her with a burst of speed.
- Personal Preference: Ultimately, choosing the right character also depends on your personal playstyle and preferences. If you enjoy taking risks and want to pull off impressive tricks on ramps and jumps, consider using characters with higher stunt ratings like Rosalina or Waluigi. On the other hand, if you prefer stability and consistency, characters like Mario or Luigi might be more suitable for you.
Understanding Character Stats
To make an informed decision when selecting a character in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, it’s important to understand their stats:
- Speed: This stat determines how fast your character can go when driving on straight stretches of track.
- Acceleration: Acceleration affects how quickly your character can reach their maximum speed after being hit by an obstacle or using an item.
- Weight: Weight influences your character’s ability to collide with other racers without losing speed. Heavier characters can easily push lighter ones off the track.
- Handling: Handling affects how well your character navigates tight turns and corners without skidding or losing control.
- Traction: Traction determines how well your character maintains grip on the track, preventing them from sliding or spinning out during sharp turns.
By understanding these stats, you can choose a character that aligns with your desired racing style and maximizes your chances of success.
Remember, choosing the right character is just one piece of the puzzle in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Practice makes perfect, so get out there on those virtual race tracks and hone your skills!
Mastering the Basics: Acceleration and Drifting
Choosing the Right Kart Combination
When it comes to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, selecting the right kart combination can make a significant difference in your performance on the track. Each character, kart body, and wheels have their own unique attributes that affect acceleration, top speed, handling, and weight. Finding the perfect balance between these factors is crucial for success.
To choose the ideal kart combination, consider these tips:
- Character Selection: Different characters have varying stats that can impact your gameplay. Lighter characters tend to have higher acceleration but lower top speed and weight. On the other hand, heavier characters offer more stability and top speed but sacrifice acceleration. Experiment with different characters to find one that suits your playstyle.
- Kart Body Options: The body of your kart affects both its overall weight and aerodynamics. Heavier bodies provide better stability but may compromise acceleration. Conversely, lighter bodies allow for quicker acceleration at the expense of stability. Take into account the track’s characteristics when selecting a kart body.
- Wheel Choices: Wheels contribute to your kart’s handling abilities on different terrains. Some wheels prioritize off-road traction while others excel on smooth surfaces like asphalt or ice rinks. Consider the racecourse conditions when choosing your wheel set.
Remember, finding an optimal combination requires experimentation and practice. Don’t be afraid to try out various combinations until you discover one that feels comfortable and suits your racing style.