How To Get 3 Stars in Mario Kart 7
If you’re like me, you’re always on the hunt for ways to up your game in Mario Kart 7. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a newbie just getting your tires dirty, there’s always room for improvement. And if you’re aiming for that coveted 3-star rating, you’re in the right place.
Let’s face it, getting 3 stars in Mario Kart 7 isn’t a walk in the park. It’s a test of skill, strategy, and a little bit of luck. But don’t worry, I’ve got some tips and tricks that’ll help you speed past the competition and snag those 3 stars.
Understanding the Rating System in Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7’s rating system is a mystery to many. It’s more than just coming first in every race. It’s about how you perform throughout the race. It’s a system that rewards skill, strategy, and a bit of luck.
The game rates your performance at the end of each cup. It’s based on several factors:
- The number of coins you collect.
- The number of times you get hit or fall off the track.
- The gap between you and the second-place racer.
The better you perform in these areas, the higher your rating.
Getting a three-star rating is the ultimate achievement. It’s the highest possible score. Achieving it means you’ve mastered the game. But it’s not easy. It requires consistent performance across all races. It requires a deep understanding of the game mechanics. It requires strategy.
Now that you understand the rating system, you’re one step closer to achieving your goal. Let’s dive deeper into the strategies that can help you increase your rating.
Tips and Tricks for Boosting Your Performance
Increasing your performance in Mario Kart 7 isn’t just about speed. It’s about strategy, timing, and making the most of every opportunity that comes your way. Here are some valuable tips that can help you up your game:
1. Master the Start Boost: It’s crucial to get off to a good start. To do this, hold down the acceleration button as soon as the number ‘2’ appears in the countdown. This will give you a speedy boost right out of the gate.
2. Collect Coins: Coins aren’t just currency in this game. They increase your overall speed. The more coins you have, the faster you’ll go. Aim to collect as many as possible, but remember, the maximum you can hold is 10.
3. Learn to Drift: Drifting isn’t just for style points. It’s a key mechanic in Mario Kart 7. Drifting around corners can give you a mini-boost, allowing you to zip past your opponents. Practice makes perfect with this skill, so don’t give up if it’s tough at first.
4. Use Items Wisely: Items can make or break your race. Knowing when to use them is just as important as what you get. For example, if you’re in first place, it’s best to hold onto your items for defense rather than using them immediately.
5. Avoid Hazards: Every track has its own unique set of hazards. Familiarizing yourself with these can mean the difference between first and last place. Be aware of your surroundings and plan your moves accordingly.
In the end, it’s all about practice. The more you play, the more you’ll understand the mechanics, the tracks, and the best strategies to get ahead. With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to achieving that elusive 3-star rating.