Looking to gain the upper hand in Mario Kart 8 and leave your opponents in the dust? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this guide, I’ll be sharing some valuable tips on how to go faster in Mario Kart 8. Whether you’re a seasoned player or just starting out, these strategies will surely give you an edge on the race track.
One of the most effective ways to increase your speed is by utilizing boost pads scattered throughout the courses. These boost pads provide a significant burst of acceleration when driven over. Keep an eye out for them and try to hit as many as possible during each lap. Timing is crucial here – make sure to release your drift just before hitting the boost pad for maximum effect.
Another technique that can greatly enhance your speed is “drafting”. Drafting involves closely tailing another racer, taking advantage of their slipstream to gain a temporary speed boost. By positioning yourself directly behind a competitor and staying within their wake, you’ll experience increased acceleration and higher top speeds. Just be careful not to collide with them or get caught off guard by any sudden movements!
How To Go Faster In Mario Kart 8
When it comes to going faster in Mario Kart 8, choosing the right character can make a significant difference. Each character has different stats that impact their speed, acceleration, weight, handling, and traction. To maximize your speed boosts, you’ll want to focus on characters with high speed and acceleration attributes.
Some of the top choices for speed boosts include:
- Bowser: Known for his heavy weight and high speed stat, Bowser is an excellent choice for players who prefer a more aggressive playstyle.
- Metal Mario: With balanced stats across all categories and above-average speed, Metal Mario provides a reliable option for those looking to maintain consistent performance.
- Wario: Another heavyweight character with impressive top speeds, Wario can be a force to be reckoned with if used strategically.
Remember to consider your own playstyle when selecting a character. Some racers may prioritize maneuverability over pure speed or vice versa. Experimenting with different characters will help you find the one that complements your racing style best.
Mastering Drifting Techniques in Mario Kart 8
When it comes to going faster in Mario Kart 8, mastering the art of drifting is essential. By utilizing proper drifting techniques, you can gain a significant speed boost and maintain control over your kart. In this section, I’ll share some key tips to help you become a drifting pro.
- Understand the Basics: To begin with, it’s important to understand how drifting works in Mario Kart 8. When taking a turn, press and hold the drift button (usually the R button) while steering in the desired direction. As you continue to drift, colored sparks will appear beneath your wheels indicating different levels of boost: blue for a small boost and orange for a more powerful boost.
- Timing is Everything: To maximize your speed boost from drifting, timing is crucial. Release the drift button at just the right moment to activate a mini-turbo boost. The longer you drift before releasing, the bigger the boost you’ll receive. Experiment with different release timings and find what works best for each track and situation.
- Perfecting Mini-Turbos: There are three levels of mini-turbos that can be achieved through drifting: mini-boosts (blue sparks), super-mini-boosts (orange sparks), and ultra-mini-boosts (purple sparks). Each level offers an increased speed advantage but requires more precise timing to execute.
- Mastering Shortcuts: Drifting also plays a vital role in navigating shortcuts effectively. Look out for opportunities where well-executed drifts can help you cut corners or take alternate paths on tracks. Practice these shortcuts during time trials or offline races to gain an edge over your opponents.
- Combining Drift Boosts: For maximum speed potential, try chaining together multiple drift boosts on straightaways or after consecutive turns. This technique is known as “snaking” and can provide significant acceleration if executed correctly. However, be mindful not to overdo it and lose control of your kart.
Remember, mastering drifting techniques requires practice and patience. Take the time to familiarize yourself with each track’s layout, experiment with different release timings, and refine your skills through repeated gameplay. By incorporating these drifting strategies into your racing style, you’ll be well on your way to achieving faster lap times and leaving your opponents in the dust.